SingTel and VMware launches enterprise hybrid cloud solution
Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) recently launched PowerON Compute enabled by VMware vCloud datacenter services. This enterprise hybrid cloud computing solution intends to enable enterprises to upgrade their IT resources without the heavy cost and complexities of purchasing and managing additional servers and systems, thereby reducing operating costs by up to 73 percent, as reported.
“PowerON Compute will enable enterprises to move their operations to their hybrid cloud, without compromising security, control or performance, while allowing them to pay only for IT resources consumed,” claimed Bill Chang, EVP, Business Group, SingTel. He added, “They will also be able to preserve investments in existing computing infrastructure without changes to their IT operations.”
As informed, companies will be able to expand the resources of their private cloud infrastructure into the solution’s secure public cloud without the hassles of re-installing and re-configuring their software applications. In addition, SingTel stated that its international IP networks offer customers the flexibility to access their applications and services from multiple locations across the APAC region.
“Hybrid clouds provide customers with freedom of choice that will eventually give rise to applications that can be ‘dragged and dropped’ between clouds and delivered securely to any device, anywhere, at any time,” commented Paul Maritz, CEO, VMware.
Offering a common, globally consistent enterprise hybrid cloud computing infrastructure, VMware stated, its vCloud datacenter services place full and rapid control in the hands of IT departments, enabling them to monitor, manage and secure their applications across environments.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020