Sloka Telecom launches broadband solutions for WISPs
Sloka Telecom, radio access network solution provider in India, recently launched wireless broadband solutions targeted at wireless Internet service providers (WISPs) of emerging countries. The telecom company offers these solutions in both licensed and unlicensed spectrums of 3.3 – 3.6 GHz and 5.8 GHz.
“With wireless technology ready to sweep India, Sloka Telecom is aiming to provide very cost effective solutions to the ISPs which can be effectively used in rural and remote geographies of emerging markets like India. It will help Indian ISPs join the broadband revolution with Sloka’s solutions for licensed and unlicensed spectrum,” remarked Sujai Karampuri, CEO, Sloka Telecom.
According to the company, WiMAX solution is expected to reduce the cost of the equipment to Rs.2,700 for the ISPs in providing a broadband connection; while the Ethernet solution will enable wide area coverage of 5 to 6 kms in urban areas and even cover more widespread geography for the rural areas. The WiFi solutions will enable the point-to-point access upto 50 kms, stated the company.
These solutions as informed by the telecom company require very low capital and operating expenditures making them ideal to be adopted by the ISPs of emerging countries like India and many more.
The company further announced its range of solutions in the unlicensed spectrum allowing small and medium wireless ISPs to provide broadband subscription to its customers without having to pay for expensive frequency licenses. This opens up a big opportunity for the players in the unlicensed spectrum to capture the market and make it big for themselves.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- AWS re:Invent Bets On Machine Learning To Outdo Rivals
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- How Cisco Turns Jaipur Into A Digital, Smart City
- SBI Teams Up With BankChain, Intel For Blockchain Deployment
- Indian Surveillance Market Is Gaining Traction: Study
- IP, VSaaS Boost Indian Video Surveillance Market