Smart Cities To Drive Huge Public Safety Investment
The Asia-Pacific region will see the largest growth in smart city initiatives over the next one decade and public safety technologies are central to this development, according to Hitachi Data Systems Corporation (HDS).
In a recent whitepaper released by the company, 44% of those surveyed expect their countries to invest more than $100 million in public safety initiatives over the next two years. Of those investments, 24 percent are expected to be allocated toward surveillance technology, with 19 percent earmarked for big data analytics, and another 19 percent for mobile and network technology.
Public and community safety ranked as respondents’ top priority, followed by transportation and urban infrastructure, and the advancement of Internet or IT capabilities. Crime investigation, transportation and traffic services, and cyber security were the top three public safety issues that respondents felt their countries had struggled with.
A lack of alignment between government agencies was selected as the top factor that was holding back the implementation of public safety projects.
Tony Field, senior director of Hitachi Data Systems’ Social Innovation Business Unit for Asia Pacific, commented, “The survey results highlight that many Asia Pacific countries are looking to implement technology solutions that can have a meaningful, measurable impact on public safety.
While a willingness to invest in such solutions is apparent among respondents, the main barrier appears to be a failure to adopt an aligned and integrated approach to safety initiatives, which would allow cities to create a single holistic view of crime in their cities.”
- 5G To Pave Way For Self-driving Cars' Safety: Gartner
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools