Smart Computing to Drive IT Growth
The information technology (IT) industry will see a new period of rapid growth in investment, driven primarily by new smart computing technology.
According to Forrester Research’s IT 2009-2016 Long-Term Forecast, current IT vendors IBM, Oracle, and Microsoft are best positioned to win in next-gen technology, while GE and Semens will emerge as bigger factors.
Old technology will continue to be in demand, but purchases will grow at trend rate.
Smart computing solutions will address critical business issues.
Sales directly to business - not to IT.
Investment in new technology driven by strategic rationales, not cost/benefit calculations, with multimillion-dollar deals.
Highly vertical solutions will capture more of the growth, although not the largest share of sales.
Asset-intensive industries like government, healthcare, utilities, education, and professional services will be the biggest buyers.
Forrester describes smart computing as flexible, adaptable, responsive, and extended IT systems that incorporate awareness (location, status, condition) and analytics to make IT more intelligent to solve new business problems.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC