Smart Computing to Drive IT Growth
The information technology (IT) industry will see a new period of rapid growth in investment, driven primarily by new smart computing technology.
According to Forrester Research’s IT 2009-2016 Long-Term Forecast, current IT vendors IBM, Oracle, and Microsoft are best positioned to win in next-gen technology, while GE and Semens will emerge as bigger factors.
Old technology will continue to be in demand, but purchases will grow at trend rate.
Smart computing solutions will address critical business issues.
Sales directly to business - not to IT.
Investment in new technology driven by strategic rationales, not cost/benefit calculations, with multimillion-dollar deals.
Highly vertical solutions will capture more of the growth, although not the largest share of sales.
Asset-intensive industries like government, healthcare, utilities, education, and professional services will be the biggest buyers.
Forrester describes smart computing as flexible, adaptable, responsive, and extended IT systems that incorporate awareness (location, status, condition) and analytics to make IT more intelligent to solve new business problems.
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report