Smartphones Drive 50% Of Auto Search On Google
Google has announced a strong surge in search around automobiles and auto brands in 2015. The overall search, combining both desktop and smartphone, grew by 40% in 2015. Searches were split equally with 50% of all searches driven by desktop users and the rest through smartphones, which is another 50%.
The four metros (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata) contributed about 35% of all search results around automobiles while the remaining 65% searches emerged from smaller cities and towns. Interestingly, search interest around ‘used cars’ also saw a strong pickup in 2015, highlighting a growth of over 200% when compared to the previous year.
Google’s search results reveal that in 2015, Bangalore emerged as the city with the maximum searches in this category, closely followed by Delhi. Among the non-metros, the second highest search results were recorded from Pune, followed by Hyderabad. Interestingly both these cities recorded more searches than Kolkata.
Search interest was driven by tier-2 and tier-3 cities. While 30% growth in queries came from Tier 2 cities, 25% search queries were from Tier-1 cities. The rest or 45% of search queries were from Tier 3 or smaller towns.
Based on the early data available for 2016, searches around this year’s Auto Expo are almost double when compared to the previous Auto Expo in 2014. New launches and announcements from automakers is expected to further fuel search interest over the next few weeks.
In the run up to the Auto Expo (basis search trends over the last 30 days) Maruti continued to capture the top slot in terms of search interest followed closely by Mahindra & Mahindra, with both taking a strong lead over other auto majors (including Honda, Tata, Hyundai, Renault, Ford, Toyota and Volkswagen). Among the show-stoppers expected this year, Ford Mustang emerges as the most searched model among auto enthusiasts followed by the Audi R8, the Chevrolet Camaro, the Range Rover Evoque and the Nissan GT-R.
- AI Is Making BI Smarter
- How Fanfare Personalizes Shopping Experience Via Blockchain
- Home Automation Is The Next Big Thing, And Here Already!
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Can Google Make A Successful Comeback In China?
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- Digital Firms In India Can Achieve USD 39 Bn Exports By 2022: Study
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Here's What Businesses Without HTTPS Should Know This July