Smartphones Top Choice For Video Consumption: Report
Mobile screens are perhaps the most engaging medium when compared to any other, such as radio, newspapers and television. People engaging with mobiles is 37 percent higher than that of television as per Kantar IMRB and Culture Machine which have released a report on the consumption of video and payment models in India.
Artificial Intelligence platform is used to identify formats, topics and genres to relate with users, a propriety metering technology that measures smartphone behavior and the consumer survey.
The report highlights that the daily engagement with mobile screens is around four hours. Also, the increase of videos is mainly on smartphones.
The consumption of data on smartphones will see a fivefold increase said the report. The time spent on entertainment content on smartphone has increased as high as 23 percent over the previous nine months.
The digital video subscription market is expected to cross Rs. 1,200 crores by 2020. 80 percent of the over-the-top consumers may pay a premium to access exclusive content. 90 percent of content consumed is through YouTube and Facebook.
One of the trends is the slowdown of video piracy and the emergence of OTT platforms for video content delivery. Some of the major players in the emerging market include, YouTube, Ditto, Voot, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Eros Now and Hotstar, noted the study.
More than 40 percent of the online video consumption is from households in the C, D and E socio-economic categories and that mobile video consumption is not restricted to urban consumers any more. 65 percent of the consumers are from non-metro towns.
Women consumes more mobile content as compared to men. Social video platforms have a wide range of content types such as entertainment, food, travel, technology and fashion. Music and entertainment are the most dominant categories.
Short videos are seen to be more preferred with over 85 percent of viewers preferring videos that are shorter than ten minutes in duration.
YouTube is seen to be the most popular with 1.5 times more reach than Facebook.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- India's Insurance Sector Undergoing Massive Digital Disruption
- Deep Learning To Spur Fraud Predictions By 2019
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish