SMBs To Leverage ERP With Microsoft's Project Madeira
Microsoft’s latest initiative, Project Madeira is aimed at helping SMBs integrate their business processes with Office 365 applications. The project is hosted on Microsoft’s Azure cloud and operates by bringing in ERP tools in Office 365 applications.
The Madeira software automatically recognizes the ongoing task of the user and offers him with relevant tools in their current application. SMB customers can leverage Madeira via a web browser, Window applications and also via iOS and Android mobile OS. In that sense, it is not a client app for Dynamics NAV; rather a multi-tenant business management services (SaaS) that lives in the public cloud.
Microsoft for its Madeira offering is currently eying SMBs with a workforce ranging anywhere between 10 to 10,000, who are also looking to upgrade their accounting and financial applications without having the capacity to bear hefty capital expenditures.
At present, Microsoft already offers an SMB dedicated ERP software, Dynamics NAV, while Madeira will come as its second offering, targeting a different customer segment. Many even tout it as the next version of Dynamics NAV.
Users who decide to use Microsoft’s new service can remain within Outlook while working on financials, sales, purchasing, CRM and other tasks. The company has also been encouraging third-party software companies to create horizontal and vertical extensions that will work with Madeira.
The cloud-based offering gives users the flexibility to use and access it via the web or from the mobile platform of their choice. It is expected to be rolled out in late 2016 in the US, and then subsequently in other countries.
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Tech Mahindra-Microsoft Use Blockchain To Curb Spam Calls
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- Microsoft, Amazon, India’s Top Employers: Randstad
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government