SMS Demag Rolls Out Three SAP R/3 Modules
Consulting and IT services provider Satyam has implemented three SAP R/3 modules - the Finance and Controlling (FICO), Materials Management (MM), and Project Systems (PS) at metallurgical engineering company SMS Demag Pvt. Ltd.
The implementation, which took six weeks for completion is enabling SMS Demag to integrate its data and systems, and enjoy the benefits of being a more centralized enterprise.
The FICO module deployed at SMS Demag includes streamlined month-end processing procedures that accelerate closings and automatic journal entries handle a variety of prorates. FICO’s AP functionality allows automation of processes such as writing of checks and claims schedules and also updates SMS Demag’s systems.
Satyam consultants also developed user-specific programs to enable the company to file statutory returns like sales tax/service tax/income tax returns in an accurate and timely manner.
The MM module has been implemented to integrate purchase-related activities with project and finance functions, leading to timely equipment supplies. This capability could prove to be of particular use for the project-based company, which offers turnkey solutions.
The PS module has been designed to assist SMS Demag users to ‘talk to’ their applications more easily, which in turn could lead to better productivity. In addition to application prototyping facility, other benefits of the module include an enhanced help function, online training, simplified design and modification of display panels etc.
Commenting on the roll out VJ. Rao, CIO - India operations, SMS Demag said, “We are very pleased with Satyam’s ability to marshal its extensive SAP experience and implement these critical SAP R/3 modules so quickly. As a result of this, we are far better prepared to manage marketplace demands. We can respond to our customers and suppliers more efficiently, and we have a clearer idea of their preferences.”
- 3 Key Corporate Lessons From The Satyam Saga
- Flipkart Inks Deal With Govt For Online Retail Training
- TechM takes innovative approach to integrate Satyam's HR policies
- HP introduces hybrid delivery models
- Tech Mahindra completes Satyam merger
- Satyam Computer third-quarter profit before one-off loss tops estimates
- Experts urge PC users to disable Oracle's Java, cite security flaw
- Zinnov releases Global R&D Service Providers Rating 2012
- Tech Mahindra, Satyam merger creates a $ 2.4 billion company
- Tech Mahindra, Satyam Boards to meet tomorrow on merger