Snapdeal To Spend 200 Crore For Festive Season Marketing
Squashing rumours of a possible merger with rivals Flipkart and Amazon as reported by VCCircle, Snapdeal has announced that it will leave no stone unturned to cash in on the festive season and will spend a whooping 200 crore exclusively for its marketing blitz this year.
Kanika Kalra, Vice President Marketing, Snapdeal, as per a quote to PTI, published in The Hindu, said, “The new campaign, where we will spend more than INR 200 crore, will be launched next month on TV, YouTube, print, digital and social media, and will also be seen outdoors on billboards and external installations.”
Festive season in India which kicks off from September and lasts till December, and this year beginning with Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam, Bakrid, followed by Dussehra and the most lucrative festival Diwali, which is the followed by Christmas and New Years. Customers with their increasing disposable incomes stop at nothing to purchase all that they need for their celebrations.
With the convenience of shopping on e-commerce and m-commerce, customers have multiple options to choose from. Earlier Flipkart and Snapdeal fiercely competed against each other to sway customers to their sites with discounts, promotions and offers. However this year, Flipkart might have a dampened festive season owing to its sluggish sales in the first two quarters and Flipkart’s fund crunch would also constrain its marketing efforts for the festive season. US based Amazon has catapulted itself as the most preferred retail destination for customers, beating the home-grown e-commerce site Flipkart.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- Marketing Automation A Growth Driver For EdTech Sector
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- Rubique Appoints Ex-Snapdeal CFO Anup Vikal On Board
- Digiperform Expands In India To Offer Digital Marketing Training
- Coupon Aggregator Zoutons Launches Chrome Extension
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Semiconductors in Data Storage