Snapdeal’s New Mobile App To Attract More Sellers
Snapdeal.com, India’s largest online marketplace announced the launch of its mobile application for sellers called “Seller Zone App” today. With this first-of-its-kind initiative, the company is looking to further enhance the experience for its existing 30,000+ merchants as well as other potential businesses that are looking to list and sell their product offerings through its marketplace platform.
Snapdeal already gets overs 50% of its sales through mobile based transactions. Given the increased mobile penetration and smartphone usage in the country, this latest initiative is in line with the company’s forecast that mobile will drive the next wave of buyers and sellers on its platform. Snapdeal expects to triple its seller base to reach 100,000 sellers within the next 12 months, and this initiative will further accelerate this process.
With an extremely user friendly interface and a packed feature set, Snapdeal’s “Seller Zone App” will enable merchants to:
- Register and start selling on Snapdeal.com
- Existing Snapdeal sellers will be able to manage inventory and prices of the products they have listed on Snapdeal.com
-Add fast selling products to ‘favourites’ for ready reference and better manageability.
The application is currently available on the Android platform and will be available iOS within a week’s time. The company plans to extend it to the Windows platform in the near future.
Speaking about this, Ankit Khanna, Senior Vice President – Product Management, Snapdeal.com said, “At Snapdeal.com, we constantly strive to offer a better experience for both our buyers and sellers. Mobile is an important channel which we will believe will be the key growth driver for the company. Many of our sellers come outside of the top ten cities of the country where broadband penetration might not be as optimal. Keeping this in mind, we have now launched a mobile application exclusively for our existing as well as potential sellers. It will enable them to manage their store and products listed on Snapdeal.com on-the-go and more effectively as well.”
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- Marketing Trends That Will Fizzle Out In 2018
- E-commerce market Likely To Cross $50 Bn In 2018: Study
- Trends That Will Shape India's E-Commerce In 2018
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- Mobile Operators To Cope With HD, Encryption Issues: Study
- Social Commerce: The Next Big Thing In Payment?
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study