Snapdeal’s New Mobile App To Attract More Sellers
Snapdeal.com, India’s largest online marketplace announced the launch of its mobile application for sellers called “Seller Zone App” today. With this first-of-its-kind initiative, the company is looking to further enhance the experience for its existing 30,000+ merchants as well as other potential businesses that are looking to list and sell their product offerings through its marketplace platform.
Snapdeal already gets overs 50% of its sales through mobile based transactions. Given the increased mobile penetration and smartphone usage in the country, this latest initiative is in line with the company’s forecast that mobile will drive the next wave of buyers and sellers on its platform. Snapdeal expects to triple its seller base to reach 100,000 sellers within the next 12 months, and this initiative will further accelerate this process.
With an extremely user friendly interface and a packed feature set, Snapdeal’s “Seller Zone App” will enable merchants to:
- Register and start selling on Snapdeal.com
- Existing Snapdeal sellers will be able to manage inventory and prices of the products they have listed on Snapdeal.com
-Add fast selling products to ‘favourites’ for ready reference and better manageability.
The application is currently available on the Android platform and will be available iOS within a week’s time. The company plans to extend it to the Windows platform in the near future.
Speaking about this, Ankit Khanna, Senior Vice President – Product Management, Snapdeal.com said, “At Snapdeal.com, we constantly strive to offer a better experience for both our buyers and sellers. Mobile is an important channel which we will believe will be the key growth driver for the company. Many of our sellers come outside of the top ten cities of the country where broadband penetration might not be as optimal. Keeping this in mind, we have now launched a mobile application exclusively for our existing as well as potential sellers. It will enable them to manage their store and products listed on Snapdeal.com on-the-go and more effectively as well.”
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson