Social Networking Enters SAP Labs
SAP, one of the players in enterprise software and applications market is combining social networking technology with enterprise security and management offerings.
The vendor reasons that the combination will help businesses innovate better and bring products to the market faster. It will work with CubeTree for the same.
CubeTree gives SAP employees an environment to connect, share information and explore ideas. Deployed in late 2008 within a small workgroup at SAP Labs U.S. in Palo Alto, Calif., the tool is now used by more than 2,000 employees globally.
The market looks to SAP as an innovator and thought leader in driving business transformation through technology, said David Meyer, vice president, Product Management for Emerging Technologies, SAP BusinessObjects division. Social networks are transforming how people communicate in their personal lives. We adopted CubeTree s enterprise social software to bring the same network effect into the enterprise, connecting people and ideas across the company to accelerate our business.
Said Carlin Wiegner, chief executive officer and co-founder of CubeTree. Hierarchies often stifle innovation, and lock out information and insights vital to good decision making and effective execution. Social networking enables companies to identify best ideas quickly and easily, allowing for better innovation and accelerated product delivery.
It may be recalled that CubeTree on Monday unveiled its enterprise collaboration suite, which mimics popular social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter and FriendFeed.
The startup, launched in 2008 and funded by Trinity Ventures and Mitch Kapor (of Lotus and Mozilla fame), is going after companies like Yammer, Socialtext and Jive in bringing collaboration tools for the enterprise.
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- How Mumbai Police Found Its Twitter Success Formula
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Equifax Breach: Lessons For Indian Companies
- Twitter Hashtag@10: Why Brands Should Care
- What's Driving CRM Growth In India?
- PayPal Launches Two Innovation Labs In India