Social Networking Enters SAP Labs
SAP, one of the players in enterprise software and applications market is combining social networking technology with enterprise security and management offerings.
The vendor reasons that the combination will help businesses innovate better and bring products to the market faster. It will work with CubeTree for the same.
CubeTree gives SAP employees an environment to connect, share information and explore ideas. Deployed in late 2008 within a small workgroup at SAP Labs U.S. in Palo Alto, Calif., the tool is now used by more than 2,000 employees globally.
The market looks to SAP as an innovator and thought leader in driving business transformation through technology, said David Meyer, vice president, Product Management for Emerging Technologies, SAP BusinessObjects division. Social networks are transforming how people communicate in their personal lives. We adopted CubeTree s enterprise social software to bring the same network effect into the enterprise, connecting people and ideas across the company to accelerate our business.
Said Carlin Wiegner, chief executive officer and co-founder of CubeTree. Hierarchies often stifle innovation, and lock out information and insights vital to good decision making and effective execution. Social networking enables companies to identify best ideas quickly and easily, allowing for better innovation and accelerated product delivery.
It may be recalled that CubeTree on Monday unveiled its enterprise collaboration suite, which mimics popular social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter and FriendFeed.
The startup, launched in 2008 and funded by Trinity Ventures and Mitch Kapor (of Lotus and Mozilla fame), is going after companies like Yammer, Socialtext and Jive in bringing collaboration tools for the enterprise.
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Social Commerce: The Next Big Thing In Payment?
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Customer Experience Can Be A Strategic Brand Differentiator
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Facebook’s Messenger 2.2 To Woo The Enterprise
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network