Solix Integrates DM with HCAP
Solix Technologies Inc., a provider of enterprise data management solutions used by large enterprise customers to manage business critical data today said that its Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS) has been integrated with Hitachi Content Archive Platform (HCAP). The integration will enable customers to archive, preserve, and discover database content.
The EDMS addresses compliance and information lifecycle management (ILM) requirements through four complementary solutions: Enterprise Archiving, Secure Test and Development, Application Sunsetting and Migration, and Data Auditor.
Every application has large amounts of inactive data (database transaction/ attachment files/documents, etc. which is not required on a regular basis. But it keeps growing in production instance, thus leading to challenges such as application performance, manageability, compliance, slower application access, quarter/month end reporting pressures, and infrastructure costs.
The integrated solution offers access and retrieval of the archived data from all file formats (Documents, PDF, PPT, Audio Video files, Scanned images and Reports) with no limitation on the file size. Some of the key features include rescheduling on archive objects, built-in shredding/deletion, OS/platform independent, set/modify retention policies on archived data. Inactive data from database applications can be moved to the archive platform directly in XML/CSV formats. The database content is preserved through Write Once Ready Many (WORM) capabilities, continuous data protection policies, and optional off-site replication.
“With the continued surge of corporate data, businesses are expected to transform both structured and unstructured data spread across their enterprise into business intelligence in a moment’s notice,” said Marc Trimuschat, senior director, Global Business Development and Alliances, Hitachi Data Systems.
“With integration of Solix EDMS Database Archiving with HCAP, we hope to bring an added value to customers who are looking to use HCAP for long term retention of historical data from their database applications” said Shekhar Dasgupta, president & COO, Solix Technologies Inc.
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study