Som Sarma to Drive 3i Infotech Global IT Services
3i Infotech, global technology solutions and services provider, today announced the appointment of Som Sarma as the global IT services head. He will be based in London and will be responsible for expanding the global services business portfolio.
Sarma joins 3i Infotech from Satyam (now Mahindra Satyam) where he was the senior vice president and head (UK & Ireland). He provided significant impetus to Satyam s foray into multiple industry verticals in that region and was instrumental for gaining marquee customers through differentiated service lines, the company stated in a release.
With prior global experience beyond IT - in consulting, manufacturing, retail & CPG Sarma has been able to relate closely to the business needs of customer organizations, helping them to leverage information technology to their advantage.
Welcoming Sarma on board, V. Srinivasan, MD & CEO, 3i Infotech, said, "With a consistent track record of creating long-term relationships in his businesses and proven leadership skills, we are looking forward to leveraging his extensive IT knowledge and commercial experience to build 3i Infotech further and I am confident that Som will be a great asset to the company."
Commenting on his new role, Sarma said, "I am glad to join 3i Infotech, which has been able to achieve an annual run rate of around US $ 500 million in less than 10 years of its inception and is globally consolidating and expanding its services and products even further."
Sarma holds an MBA from London Business School and a Masters degree in International Business from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi. His first degree is in mechanical engineering where he graduated with honors and a university medal.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation