Som Sarma to Drive 3i Infotech Global IT Services
3i Infotech, global technology solutions and services provider, today announced the appointment of Som Sarma as the global IT services head. He will be based in London and will be responsible for expanding the global services business portfolio.
Sarma joins 3i Infotech from Satyam (now Mahindra Satyam) where he was the senior vice president and head (UK & Ireland). He provided significant impetus to Satyam s foray into multiple industry verticals in that region and was instrumental for gaining marquee customers through differentiated service lines, the company stated in a release.
With prior global experience beyond IT - in consulting, manufacturing, retail & CPG Sarma has been able to relate closely to the business needs of customer organizations, helping them to leverage information technology to their advantage.
Welcoming Sarma on board, V. Srinivasan, MD & CEO, 3i Infotech, said, "With a consistent track record of creating long-term relationships in his businesses and proven leadership skills, we are looking forward to leveraging his extensive IT knowledge and commercial experience to build 3i Infotech further and I am confident that Som will be a great asset to the company."
Commenting on his new role, Sarma said, "I am glad to join 3i Infotech, which has been able to achieve an annual run rate of around US $ 500 million in less than 10 years of its inception and is globally consolidating and expanding its services and products even further."
Sarma holds an MBA from London Business School and a Masters degree in International Business from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi. His first degree is in mechanical engineering where he graduated with honors and a university medal.
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- AI, Chatbots Are Completely Changing Insurance Industry
- Intelligent ERP, A Must For Digital Transformation
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate