Som Sarma to Drive 3i Infotech Global IT Services
3i Infotech, global technology solutions and services provider, today announced the appointment of Som Sarma as the global IT services head. He will be based in London and will be responsible for expanding the global services business portfolio.
Sarma joins 3i Infotech from Satyam (now Mahindra Satyam) where he was the senior vice president and head (UK & Ireland). He provided significant impetus to Satyam s foray into multiple industry verticals in that region and was instrumental for gaining marquee customers through differentiated service lines, the company stated in a release.
With prior global experience beyond IT - in consulting, manufacturing, retail & CPG Sarma has been able to relate closely to the business needs of customer organizations, helping them to leverage information technology to their advantage.
Welcoming Sarma on board, V. Srinivasan, MD & CEO, 3i Infotech, said, "With a consistent track record of creating long-term relationships in his businesses and proven leadership skills, we are looking forward to leveraging his extensive IT knowledge and commercial experience to build 3i Infotech further and I am confident that Som will be a great asset to the company."
Commenting on his new role, Sarma said, "I am glad to join 3i Infotech, which has been able to achieve an annual run rate of around US $ 500 million in less than 10 years of its inception and is globally consolidating and expanding its services and products even further."
Sarma holds an MBA from London Business School and a Masters degree in International Business from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi. His first degree is in mechanical engineering where he graduated with honors and a university medal.
- Automating IT Services To Drive Digital Transformation
- Why IoT Benefits Will Outweigh Its Challenges
- Digital Urgency Spurs Demand for Outsourcing Services: Study
- Empowering workforce for the Digital future
- Future Of Smart Cities And Transportation In India
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP