Sony Ericsson Raises the Bar for Smartphones
Sony Ericsson has introduced three new smartphone models for the Indian market positioned around the imaging, gaming, applications and content services quotient.
The new phones — the Satio, Aino and Yari — are based around three key areas: best in class entertainment experience, integrating mobile phone into other devices, and fusing communication with entertainment, the company said
Commenting on the new launch, Anil Sethi, president, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications India, said, "Everything that we have done to date has brought us to this point we created the music phone category in 2005 selling over 100 million Walkman phones and we are now ready to unveil the next chapter in the evolution of the company Communication Entertainment providing consumers unlimited opportunities to share their entertainment experiences."
Sudhin Mathur, general manager, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications India, added, "With these innovative and feature-rich phones, Sony Ericsson will leap-frog the competition and set new standards for others to follow - just like we did with the introduction of the Walkman and Cyber-shot phones."
Sony Ericsson will soon roll out an aggressive marketing campaign to support the launch of these products and to allow consumers to experience these products, Mathur said.
The Satio is positioned around its visual communication features and is priced at Rs 35,950. It has a 3.5 inch screen with a 16:9 widescreen format, and 12.1 megapixel camera.
The Aino is set around the sound and vision capability with features such as Media Go, which allows users to transfer, play and organize music, photos, videos and podcasts from PC. It is Wi-Fi enabled with a 8 megapixel camera and price of Rs 28,950.
The Yari is for gaming enthusiasts and is priced at Rs 16,950 with a 5 megapixel camera and Gesture gaming feature.
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- How TV, Print Media Firms Are Leveraging Digital Technologies
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- Feature Phones Now One Of Best Diwali Gifts
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale