Spectra Logic introduces enterprise tape library
Spectra Logic has introduced an enterprise tape library that meets demanding archive and backup requirements while saving customers up to 30 percent on initial capital investments and 15 to 20 percent on annual recurring operational expenses. The Spectra T-Finity library offers multiple, redundant robots, scaling to more than 45 petabytes in a single library and to more than 180 petabytes in a single, unified library complex. The T-Finity is targeted for use in data-intensive environments such as large enterprise IT, federal, high performance computing (HPC) and media/entertainment.
“With escalating data volumes and retention requirements, organizations need large archive and backup solutions that ensure long-term data access. The Spectra T-Finity provides superior capacity and stored data access, and its modern design resets expectations on the economic savings achievable with tape storage solutions,” said Nicholas Harper, Vice President International, Spectra Logic. “The T-Finity library enables customers to consolidate multiple legacy libraries, reduce initial capital investments, control ongoing operational expense, and ensure investment protection with scalability to meet long-term data growth requirements.”
The Spectra T-Finity provides high availability for 24×7x365 operations and high-speed performance to handle sustained high transaction volumes. These capabilities are meant for demanding backup environments and key for growing number of organizations for archiving high volume, media-rich data such as research, bio-tech, oil and gas, seismic imaging, surveillance video, media and entertainment, video content and financial applications. And with support for industry-leading LTO open tape technology and IBM System Storage TS1130 tape drives, the Spectra T-Finity enables customers to select their preferred enterprise tape option.
Spectra Logic entire family of tape, deduplications and disk-based data protection solutions are now available directly in India through its network of distributors, integration and reseller partners.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018
- F-Secure's New Security Offering Blends Human Expertise And AI
- 85% Companies Not Ready For GDPR Compliance: Report
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business