Spirit AeroSystems, Infosys Ally
Spirit AeroSystems has announced its alliance with Infosys to set up an Engineering Center that will focus on high-end engineering services including product development, design and analysis of airframe structures, engineering change management and stress engineering support.
Spirit hopes that the center, which is to be set up at the Infosys campus in Bangalore, will grow into a Global Virtual Real-time operation.
Speaking on the occasion, Bob Waner, Senior VP and CTO, Spirit AeroSystems commented, “The center at Infosys will play a key role in Spirit’s strategic interest in India. The skills and talent offered by
Infosys at the Global Engineering Center will be an extension to Spirit’s engineering team, providing us much needed engineering scalability and flexibility.”
“We see the partnership as playing a key role in Infosys’ focus on the Aerospace industry. The Engineering Center will challenge Infoscions to apply their skills to cutting-edge global aerospace programs to provide world-class solutions,” said Kris Gopalakrishnan, COO and Deputy MD, Infosys Technologies said,
The Engineering Center will give Spirit a competitive edge by:
* Providing access to global engineering talent
* Reducing time-to-market by enabling rapid design and deployment and offering efficient global support across clients
* Enhancing Spirit’s scalability and flexibility to take up multiple aircraft programs for global customers
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Are You A Cost Center Or A Profit Center?
- Escaping Automation-Led Redundancy In The Indian IT Industry
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Poor Cybersecurity Hygiene Leads To Greater Risks: Study
- HPE Closes $8.8 Billion Micro Focus Spin-Off
- IFA 2017: 'Smart' AI-Based Tech Take Center Stage
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP