SR Sukumara Joins Sify Board
Sify Limited a major player in consumer Internet and Enterprise Services in India with global delivery capabilities, announced the appointment of S.R.Sukumara as a Director on its Board.
Raju Vegesna, CEO and MD, Sify Limited, says, ” Sukumara brings vast experience and expertise in man-management, recruitment, training & HRD from his career with the Indian Police Service. He also played an advisory role to the Government during his career. I am sure that his rich experience, combined with his excellent track record, will add tremendous value to Sify”.
A post-graduate in Economics and an IPS officer, Sukumara served the Indian Police Service (IPS) for over 36 years. He started as Assistant Superintendent and rose to occupy many important positions, that includes Commissioner of Enquiries, Inspector General (Prisons) and Director, Correctional Services, Director General (Recruitment & Training) Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad, Director General & Inspector General of Police.
“I also believe Sukumara’s appointment will be of particular significance with regard to developing Government relations at a time when many business opportunities are emerging in the area of eGovernance, and in nurturing Sify’s human resources to help maintain our leadership position in the industry. As a member of the Board, he will advise Sify on people, processes, and possible synergies between Sify’s multiple businesses to unlock greater value for our customers with an integrated approach”.
On his appointment Sukumara, says, ” I see before me a huge talent pool of highly energized, young professionals, and a great opportunity to build on their strengths to take the company to the next level of performance and growth.”
Sify claims that Sukumara’s ability to deal with complex problems with wisdom and sensitivity, as well as manage people for best results, will add great value to Sify’s leadership team.
- Microsoft, IBM Among 11 Firms Chosen For Govt Cloud Service
- How Sify Boosts Speed, Performance with Flash Storage
- Sify Invests Generously In New Datacenters
- How Sify strengthened its optical cable system
- Budget 2012: Pre-Budget expectations from the IT sector
- “IT services will be our growth driver”
- Sify aims to make India a cloud hub
- Netcore acquires mobile marketing firm Ravience
- Budget Reactions – M.P. Vijay Kumar, Sify Technologies
- Budget Expectations - M.P. Vijay Kumar, Sify Technologies