Srei, PNB to Provide e-Governance Service in Bihar
The company is an ICT based infrastructure provider in rural India in the area of e-governance services, is a subsidiary of Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited.
According to a statement, Srei Sahaj holds the mandate to roll out 5,565 common service centers in Bihar. Nearly 2,000 village level entrepreneurs (VLEs) have set up their centers and around 500 of these have applied for loan assistance from PNB. As per the scheme, the VLEs are required to invest Rs 1.6 lakh for setting up a common service centre. As margin money they are required to put a minimum of Rs 40,000 with the balance being funded by banks. These banks are already providing the requisite funding to such rural entrepreneurs who are carefully selected by Sahaj.
According to Sabahat Azim, CEO Srei Sahaj, the MoU with PNB will enable speedier implementation of the e-governance project in Bihar, besides making all CSCs fully functional by the end of the current financial year. Simultaneous plans are afoot to enter into strategic tie-ups with the bank for providing loan assistance to VLEs in U.P. Assam and Orissa.
G Banerjee, GM, Priority Banking and Lead Bank division, who signed the MoU on behalf of the bank last week said, "This was the beginning of a long journey in our quest to create an entrepreneurship environment in Indian villages."
The British will e-Govern’ Bihar
- Indian Workforce Aspires To Be Entrepreneurs: Study
- Leadership Lessons These 4 CEOs Learned From Their Moms
- Indian Firms Need To Catch Up On Gender Parity
- How To Get More Women Into The Workforce
- Checklist For Young Entrepreneurs: How To Start Your Own Business
- India's 1st Start-up Incubation At B'Lore Metro Rail Station
- Entrepreneurial Bug Bites 60% Of All Indian Employees
- LinkedIn's Most Viewed CEOs In India
- Rajasthan Ties Up With Applicate To Enable B2B E-Commerce
- More Power to Women in Technology