SSA Global Wars With i2 For Indian SCM Market
SSA Global marched into the Supply Chain Management (SCM) territory today, with its latest solution offering, SSA SCM, placing it in direct competition with enterprise heavyweight i2 Technologies.
Communicating to CXOtoday, Ravi Kathuria, GM-Enterprise Solutions, SSA Global, India, admitted that the SCM would face competitive heat from i2. We are targeting primarily the manufacturing-auto, chemical, pharmaceuticals, logistics, and electronics verticals in India with the SCM solution. The main competitor for us in India will be i2 Technologies.
SSA’s SCM is being poised as a practical, end-to-end demand and supply chain solution for customers fusing the demand with the supply chain to perform a variety of tasks such as forecasting demand, taking an order to packing and shipping while maintaining optimal inventory levels.
The SCM solution encompasses demand, inventory, order and production planning to warehouse and transportation management.
SSA Global’s SCM strategy is to deliver robust solutions that address the key requirements of customers and prospects at a competitive price, while extending the value of their existing technology investments.
The company claims that its SCM solution suite combines best-of-breed functionality with specialized industry expertise added through strategic acquisitions, such as Baan and EXE Technologies. However, with i2’s dominance and credibility, SSA Global certainly has its task cut out with its late entry into the SCM space.
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Despite Global Talent Crunch, India To Have Manpower Surplus
- AI Business Value to Reach $1.2 Tn in 2018: Gartner
- Empowering workforce for the Digital future
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work