Steria, Microsoft Launch Workplace on Command
A centrally-managed aggregated services offering which provides users with easy and secure access to enterprise applications, data and cloud services.
Steria, a provider of IT-enabled business services, today unveiled Workplace On Command (WOC), a centrally-managed aggregated services offering which provides users with easy and secure access to enterprise applications, data and cloud services, regardless of location and access device.
François Enaud, Steria Group CEO, said, “As smartphones and tablets increase their hold on the consumer market, an increasing number of employees want to use personal mobile devices for work purposes, and this makes the balance of security and mobility a key issue for organizations. As a fully integrated set of services, Workplace On Command offers a unique solution to the challenges posed by the rapid evolution of technology, squeezed budgets and the consumerization of IT.”
WOC allows organizations to create a bespoke environment, combining infrastructure and services, which is fully supported by Steria and Microsoft.
Compatible with devices running Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, and BlackBerry OS, WOC supports the multi tenancy architecture with the next version of Windows Server 2008 R2, and System Center 2012, for users to customize the enterprise desktop.
It also takes advantage of Citrix technology to virtualize desktops and applications to users wherever they are located, allowing organizations to manage requests through a portal which is built on Cisco’s Cloud Portal platform.
The enterprise app store allows users to access their profile and services, subscribe to new services and review monthly consumption to control costs.
“The WOC offering is completely aligned with our consumerization of IT strategy. We are seeing positive momentum for our cloud offerings like Office 365 and Windows Azure across both large accounts and small businesses, and appreciate the demand for business services via cloud platforms,” said Eric Boustouller, President Microsoft France, Vice President Microsoft International.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 19-24)
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- 6 Things To Consider Before Opting For Co-working Space
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- Technostress Hampers Productivity At Workplace: Microsoft