Sterlite Bags Mega Telecom Deals
Sterlite Technologies Limited, a provider of transmission solutions for the telecom and power industries, announced that it has received new telecom contracts to the tune of over Rs. 600 crore from companies (undisclosed) in India and Africa.
According to the company, over 30 percent of the contract value is expected to be executed within the financial year of 2010. The rest of which will be completed in FY2011. This phased approach is being used on the basis of client delivery schedules.
The new contracts take the total order book to approximately Rs. 2,050 crore.
"We are seeing renewed activity from across the world, with telecom and power incumbents starting to build new networks. With our global scale of operations and technical capabilities to develop solutions for evolving applications, we believe we are positioned to benefit from the global opportunities," said Pravin Agarwal, director, Sterlite Technologies.
Currently, Sterlite is in the midst of extending its 6 million km optical fiber facility to 12 million km, and it is expected to be completed in the current financial year itself. This is part of an ongoing plan to reach the 20-million km mark.
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- CIO's Five-Point RPA Planning Success Formula
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season
- Digital Transformation Lessons For Supply Chain Leaders