Sterlite bags UMTP project worth Rs. 2,900-crore
Sterlite Technologies, a provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, recently announced that it has received contract worth Rs. 2,900-crore, for development of India’s transmission systems. The company will develop ultra mega power transmission project (UMTP) connecting northern and western regions. The company’s wholly owned subsidiary has been selected to strengthen the transmission grid in the western region on ‘Build, Own, Operate and Maintain’ (BOOM) basis.
“In the last 12 months we have managed to bag three BOOM transmission projects. In the next decade, India needs to spend over Rs. 1400 billion on transmission systems and we believe the BOOM model will be the preferred model,” said Pravin Agarwal, wholetime director, Sterlite Technologies.
According, to the company, this transmission scheme involves establishment of 765 KV single circuit lines; Vadodara-Dhule-Aurangabad and Indore-Bhopal-Jabalpur. The project involves a total line length of about 1,000 km and the set up of two 1500 MVA substations at Dhule and Bhopal. The project would be commissioned within 36 months and the company would operate and maintain the transmission system for a minimum tenure of 35 years thereafter.
The tariff-based competitive bidding process was conducted by Power Finance (PFC). Sterlite stated that it is currently conducting an International Competitive Bidding (ICB) for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of these lines and substations. These transmission systems would evacuate and transmit power through a network of about 2200 km of transmission lines and 2 substations; in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, West Bengal, Bihar and Assam, informed the transmission solution provider.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Farms of the Future
- Role Of Privacy In A Digital World
- Automation Is Driving Cloud Communication Startups
- Cloud Computing Can Protect Firms Against Cyber Threats: Experts