Sterlite Technologies launches its OPGW solution
Sterlite Technologies, provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, launched its OPGW (optical ground wire) solution. OPGW is a cable used in the construction of electric power transmission and distribution lines.
“Through our OPGW solution offering, we have operationalized an extremely versatile set-up, considering all the design options mapped to geo-technical conditions applicable globally,” opined Siraj Bhattacharya, solution manager (OPGW), Sterlite Technologies.
The solution, as described by the company, is one-stop window for application engineering, hardware supply and installation. It comprises a comprehensive suite of OPGW cables and related accessories.
Sterlite’s OPGW cables have been certified by SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) and the OPGW solution would be immediately available to power transmission utilities, large UMPPs (ultra mega power plants) and telecom service providers planning to merge existing power line infrastructure for their long haul / access communication networks, informed the company.
“We will continue to add products and services to our solution portfolio to actively assist and enable our customers to plan, design and roll-out networks with a more economical, more reliable, faster and scalable approach,” commented Girish Gupta, sales & marketing head (Africa), Sterlite Technologies.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India