Sterlite Technologies launches its OPGW solution
Sterlite Technologies, provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, launched its OPGW (optical ground wire) solution. OPGW is a cable used in the construction of electric power transmission and distribution lines.
“Through our OPGW solution offering, we have operationalized an extremely versatile set-up, considering all the design options mapped to geo-technical conditions applicable globally,” opined Siraj Bhattacharya, solution manager (OPGW), Sterlite Technologies.
The solution, as described by the company, is one-stop window for application engineering, hardware supply and installation. It comprises a comprehensive suite of OPGW cables and related accessories.
Sterlite’s OPGW cables have been certified by SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) and the OPGW solution would be immediately available to power transmission utilities, large UMPPs (ultra mega power plants) and telecom service providers planning to merge existing power line infrastructure for their long haul / access communication networks, informed the company.
“We will continue to add products and services to our solution portfolio to actively assist and enable our customers to plan, design and roll-out networks with a more economical, more reliable, faster and scalable approach,” commented Girish Gupta, sales & marketing head (Africa), Sterlite Technologies.
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Five Technologies Changing The Healthcare Sector
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy