Sterlite Technologies launches its OPGW solution
Sterlite Technologies, provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, launched its OPGW (optical ground wire) solution. OPGW is a cable used in the construction of electric power transmission and distribution lines.
“Through our OPGW solution offering, we have operationalized an extremely versatile set-up, considering all the design options mapped to geo-technical conditions applicable globally,” opined Siraj Bhattacharya, solution manager (OPGW), Sterlite Technologies.
The solution, as described by the company, is one-stop window for application engineering, hardware supply and installation. It comprises a comprehensive suite of OPGW cables and related accessories.
Sterlite’s OPGW cables have been certified by SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) and the OPGW solution would be immediately available to power transmission utilities, large UMPPs (ultra mega power plants) and telecom service providers planning to merge existing power line infrastructure for their long haul / access communication networks, informed the company.
“We will continue to add products and services to our solution portfolio to actively assist and enable our customers to plan, design and roll-out networks with a more economical, more reliable, faster and scalable approach,” commented Girish Gupta, sales & marketing head (Africa), Sterlite Technologies.
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Leveraging Digital Technologies For Manufacturing
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018
- Digital Transformation: 7 Things CIOs Must Remember
- How Big Data Can Combat Child Trafficking
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation