Sterlite Technologies launches its OPGW solution
Sterlite Technologies, provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, launched its OPGW (optical ground wire) solution. OPGW is a cable used in the construction of electric power transmission and distribution lines.
“Through our OPGW solution offering, we have operationalized an extremely versatile set-up, considering all the design options mapped to geo-technical conditions applicable globally,” opined Siraj Bhattacharya, solution manager (OPGW), Sterlite Technologies.
The solution, as described by the company, is one-stop window for application engineering, hardware supply and installation. It comprises a comprehensive suite of OPGW cables and related accessories.
Sterlite’s OPGW cables have been certified by SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) and the OPGW solution would be immediately available to power transmission utilities, large UMPPs (ultra mega power plants) and telecom service providers planning to merge existing power line infrastructure for their long haul / access communication networks, informed the company.
“We will continue to add products and services to our solution portfolio to actively assist and enable our customers to plan, design and roll-out networks with a more economical, more reliable, faster and scalable approach,” commented Girish Gupta, sales & marketing head (Africa), Sterlite Technologies.
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- How Automation, Disruptors Hit Traditional Law Firms
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation