Sterlite Technologies launches its OPGW solution
Sterlite Technologies, provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, launched its OPGW (optical ground wire) solution. OPGW is a cable used in the construction of electric power transmission and distribution lines.
“Through our OPGW solution offering, we have operationalized an extremely versatile set-up, considering all the design options mapped to geo-technical conditions applicable globally,” opined Siraj Bhattacharya, solution manager (OPGW), Sterlite Technologies.
The solution, as described by the company, is one-stop window for application engineering, hardware supply and installation. It comprises a comprehensive suite of OPGW cables and related accessories.
Sterlite’s OPGW cables have been certified by SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) and the OPGW solution would be immediately available to power transmission utilities, large UMPPs (ultra mega power plants) and telecom service providers planning to merge existing power line infrastructure for their long haul / access communication networks, informed the company.
“We will continue to add products and services to our solution portfolio to actively assist and enable our customers to plan, design and roll-out networks with a more economical, more reliable, faster and scalable approach,” commented Girish Gupta, sales & marketing head (Africa), Sterlite Technologies.
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- AI, Machine Learning Are Top CIO Priorities: Experts
- Cloud Computing Powering India’s Digital Economy
- Disruptive Technologies Shaking Up The Enterprise
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)