Sterlite to Expand Manufacturing Capacity
Optical fiber cable manufacturer - Sterlite Technologies, has announced plans to expand its manufacturing capacity from the exiting 6 million km p.a.
The company will release a capex of Rs. 250 crore for this. It hopes to break into the top three among global optical fiber manufacturers.
Sterlite’s current facility of 6 million-km is already under expansion to 12 million-km, which would get established in the current fiscal. The enhanced capacity of 20 Million-Km that would be functional by 2011, would require a capex outlay of Rs. 250 Crores (US$ 52 Million).
The expanded facility would be capable of manufacturing the company’s existing range of optical fiber products, as well as have the intrinsic capability to manufacture new products that would cater to high bandwidth applications required by global markets. The expansion would be done by through a combination of brown-field expansion at its existing facility in Aurangabad, and a green-field setup at a location that would soon be finalized.
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation
- Blockchain To Shape Next-Gen Supply Chains In Healthcare: GlobalData
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- IoT: The Next Big Thing In Manufacturing
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- Qualcomm Bets Big On AI, Machine Learning
- AI, Digital Currency To Bring Disruption In 2017: Study
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Foxconn To Invest Rs $ 5 Bn For Mobile Phone Manufacturing In India