SugarCRM Targeting 100 Indian Customers for 2010
Following the success of its Sugar Community
SugarCRM, a leading open-source software-solution vendor is hopes to get bag
100 customers for its Professional Edition by 2010.
The Cupertino-based commercial free and open
source CRM software company has been driving on its free downloadable software
– Sugar Community Edition, the offering previously known as Sugar Open Source
for the last six years. The users could freely redistribute Sugar Open Source
and the license allowed for the inspection and modification of the source code
and for the creation of derived works.
Talking to CXOtoday, Clint Oram, co-founder and
VP Products of SugarCRM said, We have been driving on this model with great
success and want to the replace the same in
about 10,000 downloads from
every month and expect some of these customers to migrate to our professional
or enterprise edition after trying the free online version.
Several leading companies like RedHat and MySQL
have a similar sales model and have come out successful, said Oram.
The company is represented through its partners
and resellers in
including Bangalore-based Bhea Knowledge Technologies, which has partnered with system integrators
like Wipro, Sonata in
CRMAcceleration event in Mumbai and
talk to our prospective customers in
and see this model working well in
L.K., director of Bhea Technologies.
The company main focus is to target
companies that have an employee base ranging from 10-1000. Unlike our competitors
who focus is on large enterprise, we are targeting SME at industry clusters
like Tirupur, Pune, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and the metros in
Oram said they would be launching their
SugarCRM version 6.0 sometime during May 2010. The new version will reduce the
number of clicks and drive the userability of the application with the
integration of social networking platforms.
The company sees competition mainly from
Salesforce.com, Microsoft s Excel Spreadsheet besides has companies like Avis,
Thomas Cook, Star Bucks as its global customers.
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space
- Apple Star Engineer Chris Lattner Joins Google
- Tim Cook Assures More Money, Energy For Apple In India