Sun Changes the Top Brass
Valluri joined Sun in1999 and has been with the company in India for more than nine years. He has led the systems engineering function for India, and has worked for DCM Data Products and DEC.
This announcement follows the promotion of Bhaskar Pramanik, president, India GEM Sun Microsystems to VP global volume business, based out of Sun Microsystems corporate headquarters at Menlo Park. In his new role Pramanik will focus on building and growing Sun’s volume business across the world.
The company also announced the formation of new Emerging Markets sales geography for expansion and sales coverage across growing markets in South and Eastern Europe, Latin America, India and Greater China. The Emerging Markets will be led by Denis Heraud, Sun’s senior vice president (Asia Pacific) who will be responsible for the united emerging markets territory.
As part of Sun’s third quarter fiscal 2008 results, the company reported impressive growth in Emerging Markets including 20% growth in Brazil, 30% growth in India and 18% growth in the Middle East, Africa, and Eastern Europe region, the company said in a press release.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience