SunGard Expands India Operations
SunGard, the world s fifth biggest software software vendor, is increasing its India operations with a focus on the insurance, banking, and energy sector. The company is planning to add to its existing 2,400 strong staff in India. It has already appointed former IBM sales VP — Atul Sareen as MD of India sales. SunGard also added to its presence in India by opening an office in Mumbai to add to its existing development centers in Pune and Bangalore.
Currently, Asia Pacific accounts for only 2% of SunGard s total income and the company hopes that an increased focus on India will remedy this. SunGard currently has around 25 customers in India. Sareen said the company will focus on financial segments like insurance, banking, capital markets, etc. as well as energy and trading segments. With time, it also wants to foray in the education vertical in India.
SunGard is also toying with the idea of offering its solutions via the on-demand model. We might use different delivery models like ASP and SaaS to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Of course this depends on the customer needs too, said Sareen.
SunGard has been operational in India since 1993. Currently, around 40% of their global R&D is carried out from India.
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- AR-VR To Become Enterprise Reality In 3-4 Years: Study
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Access to Applications Based on a ‘Driving License’ Model
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network