SunGard Expands India Operations
SunGard, the world s fifth biggest software software vendor, is increasing its India operations with a focus on the insurance, banking, and energy sector. The company is planning to add to its existing 2,400 strong staff in India. It has already appointed former IBM sales VP — Atul Sareen as MD of India sales. SunGard also added to its presence in India by opening an office in Mumbai to add to its existing development centers in Pune and Bangalore.
Currently, Asia Pacific accounts for only 2% of SunGard s total income and the company hopes that an increased focus on India will remedy this. SunGard currently has around 25 customers in India. Sareen said the company will focus on financial segments like insurance, banking, capital markets, etc. as well as energy and trading segments. With time, it also wants to foray in the education vertical in India.
SunGard is also toying with the idea of offering its solutions via the on-demand model. We might use different delivery models like ASP and SaaS to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Of course this depends on the customer needs too, said Sareen.
SunGard has been operational in India since 1993. Currently, around 40% of their global R&D is carried out from India.
- enterprise chatbot making inroads enterprise
- Emerging Tech To Drive Enterprise Digital Transformation
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- Why The Future of V2X Technology Is Promising
- Top Trends Driving More Intelligent, Connected Enterprise
- IoT Can Be A Game Changer For Utilities Sector
- Disruptive Technologies Shaking Up The Enterprise
- Sify Names Arindam Mukherjee As Regional CEO, West
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Jan 29-Feb 2)
- Budget 2018: What's In Store For Renewable Energy Sector?