SunGard to Expand India Operations
Software vendor SunGard, is looking at significant expansion of personnel and operations in India this year.
SunGard’s global solution centers in India are located in Pune and Bangalore and currently employ over 1700 people. The company plans to employ 300 more employees in the two centers by the end of the year. A majority of these recruits will be placed in the product engineering, testing, and support areas.
The sales and marketing strength in India will be increased across Pune and Bangalore to support these initiatives. The company plans to leverage India, along with China, to provide marketing, pre-sales, sales, technical sales support, and professional services teams to aid sales.
SunGard will also introduce new products in the India market, mainly in the financial services domain. Initially the company will launch specific products for wealth management, asset management, insurance, brokerage and clearance, capital markets and investment banking, and employee benefits administration. In addition, higher education and public sector domains will also be targeted.
Plans are also afoot for consolidating its Pune operations - currently spread over six locations in the city - into one integrated facility by mid 2009.
- In 2017 Cyber Criminals Become More Ambitious Than Ever
- RBI Gets Tough On Cybercrime; Will Other Sectors Act Too?
- Are Robots A Growing Threat To BFSI Employees?
- Blockchain Can Be A Powerful Tool For Indian Businesses
- How Banks Can Win In The Digital Age
- Office Spaces Gather Dust In The First Half Of 2016: Study
- Microsoft Sees Huge Potential in BFSI, E-Com, SMB: Report
- Data WareHouse Transitioning Into Data Lakes
- Advanced Analytics No.1 Priority For CIOs
- Streaming Analytics Powering Fraud Detection