Sun's Java WorldTour
Sun Microsystems, creator and advocate of Java technology, has announced the NetBeans WorldTour - an initiative to distribute the NetBeans software worldwide, arranging 10 global developer events from Canada to South Africa.
NetBeans is a full functioning IDE that supports the creation of Java Enterprise Edition, Java Mobile Edition and Java Standard Edition applications.
Besides the WorldTour, Sun will also provide the NetBeans WorldTour CD program free - inclusive of shipping and handling, to any developer who registers with the Sun Developer Network (SDN).
“We are removing all barriers that might exist so developers can have immediate access to NetBeans software and start creating Java applications quickly, easily, and at no cost,” said John Loiacono, Executive VP - Software, Sun Microsystems.
“We started the free NetBeans WorldTour CD program because we wanted to share the excitement - regardless of bandwidth or location,” said Jeff Jackson, Senior VP, Java enterprise developer products and platforms group at Sun Microsystems.
The CD includes the NetBeans IDE 4.1, the Sun Java System Application Server 8.1 Platform Edition, the NetBeans Mobility Pack 4.1 and the NetBeans Profiler.
- Big Data Analytics Firm Dataiku Expands Into Asia Pacific
- What Makes Apple So Bullish About India
- Avaya Takes Key Step in Bankruptcy; India Biz Remains Strong
- IoT Execs In India Are Paid 76% More Than IT Pros: Study
- US Based Softvision To Hire 500 Software Engineers in India
- India Leads In Demand For Mobile Developer Courses: Google
- Readying Developers For Next Gen Cloud Biz
- Visa, Micromax And TranServ Drive Payment Innovation
- India's Cloud Spending To Touch $10-Bn By 2020: Zinnov
- IBM, Coursera To Advance Developer Skills