Survey Ranks Google, Facebook As Best Employers
Google is not only the top search engine company in the world, but it has topped the chart when it comes to compensation and other benefits to its employees. The latest employee survey by Glassdoor shows Google as the best US employer for compensation and benefits. Google was also recently been named as the most valuable brand, overtaking that of Apple’s who held the top position till last year. Social networking giant Facebook also scored high when it comes to compensation and benefits, especially that of internal career opportunities.
The top employers list had a high number of tech companies, with twelve out of the top twenty-five employers in the tech industry. Third on the list was Facebook, with its average software engineer salary at $120,000. The social media major scored in internal career opportunities and high ratings for senior management.
The top ten employers list includes the tech companies Adobe, Epic Systems, Intuit and Salesforce. Qualcomm, VMWare, Microsoft, Orbitz, and Ebay are also in the top twenty-five. However, big tech names such as Apple, Amazon, and Intel are missing from the list.
The compensation in the Glassdoor survey does not refer to just the salary, but also other perks like free lunch, stock options and so on and it is here where the best employers have scored. Out of a possible rating of five, Google earned a 4.4, the highest among other companies surveyed by Glassdoor research. While Google’s average base salary of a software engineer is $128,000, what employees get attracted are other perks such as free food, stock options and a good work-life balance, among others.
While Google’s CEO Larry Page gets a 95% approval rating, the newly appointed Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gets 83%. Employees reported that the company takes care of them not only at work but also considers their personal well-being.
When companies look to improve their employee satisfaction and attract top talent, they can look at Google and other top employers for inspiration, hints the survey.
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Facebook’s Messenger 2.2 To Woo The Enterprise
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- Salesforce And Google Form Strategic Partnership
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs
- Indian Surveillance Market Is Gaining Traction: Study