SUSE partners with Dell to deliver enterprise cloud deployments
Open source software provider SUSE has announced the launch of its enterprise-class private cloud infrastructure solution that combines Dell hardware and services with SUSE’s software. The Dell SUSE Cloud Solution, powered by OpenStack will enable enterprises rapidly deploy and easily manage open source private clouds. It is backed by the support of the Dell and SUSE worldwide support teams.
The new solution uses SUSE Cloud as its cloud management reference platform, which is packaged for enterprise environments and integrated with SUSE maintenance and lifecycle management processes. Tight integration between OpenStack and Crowbar, an open-source project initiated by Dell, simplifies deployment, management and administration of physical cloud infrastructure. Dell and SUSE continue to actively contribute towards Crowbar’s development, and its integration into SUSE Cloud helps customers rapidly build private clouds. With the Dell SUSE Cloud Solution, powered by OpenStack, customers can more easily build a highly scalable cloud foundation that is designed to handle massive compute loads while maintaining the ability to customise their cloud environment.
SUSE Cloud, running on Dell PowerEdge servers, delivers a dynamic and flexible private cloud infrastructure. Enterprises using SUSE Cloud benefit from the largest portfolio of certified third-party applications running on Linux as well as certifications on all Dell hardware. As a result, SUSE and Dell customers can be assured that the software and infrastructure solutions they use today will move to the cloud with them with round-the-clock technical support.
“Dell has been enabling enterprises with cloud solutions that are easy to deploy and manage, and can scale up or down with their business needs,” said Forrest Norrod, Vice President and General Manager, Dell Server Solutions. He believes that the partnership will help the two companies to create an enterprise-ready private cloud solution that provides specific needs of the customers.
For over eight years, SUSE and Dell have collaborated closely to develop innovations that deliver the performance, interoperability and reliability enterprises needed to run mission-critical Linux environments.
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- Investment to Implementation – Cutting the Long Journey Short
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study