Now An App To Help MPs Track Women's Maternal Health
Women’s maternal is still largely a area of a gave concern in India, especially the village and remote part where basic healthcare services are still not available. Most of the times, the government aid is not reached to real beneficiaries due to flaws in the administrative systems. To address the issue a mobile application Swasthya Samiksha was launched here on Thursday which enables Members of Parliament to track women’s reproductive health in their constituencies and bring improvement.
White Ribbon Alliance India, Centre for Catalysing Change and Swaniti Initiative, all not-for-profit organizations, collaboratively launched the app to help the MPs oversee the maternal health related indicators in their constituencies.
The app - Swasthya Samiksha - which is still in its experimental phase, will be providing district-wise data for states of Jharkhand, Bihar, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh initially.
“Swasthya Samiksha aims to engage and encourage the Members of Parliament to take necessary steps to ensure better health for women in their constituencies. It is an attempt to provide data on health indicators in an easy and convenient way,” Aparajita Gogoi, Executive Director of Centre for Catalysing Change and National Coordinator of White Ribbon Alliance India, said in a statement.
“In line with the government’s Digital India initiative, we are trying to leverage technology to make information accessible and to provide the MPs a platform where they can access information and take action in improving women’s health,” she added.
Swasthya Samiksha App will enable real time tracking of women’s health indicators in locations at district level, selectable display of indicators, data to assess impact, maternal and reproductive health policy updates and accessing comparison with other locations.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services