Swedish Cos Eye India's Smart Cities Projects
Sweden, which has expertise in urban planning, power, sustainable transport and waste management, is looking to build business opportunities with India through PPP model.
Around 20 Swedish companies offering smart solutions showcased their products and solution in the three-day first Smart Cities India Expo in Pragati Maidan on Wednesday. The partner country Sweden has been looking keen on partnering with Indian companies in areas such as power, urban transport, and waste management to build smart cities.
Harald Sandberg, Ambassador of Sweden said, “In order to meet the increasing demands of a rapid urbanization it is crucial to focus on the important issues. SymbioCity- SmartCity by Sweden, is our way to address these challenges. the Swedish companies represented present innovative solution suitable for the Indian market.”
The expo also hosted county pavilions from Poland, Sweden and European business and technology center (EBTC).
Sweden is a global leader in building smart cities. “With its expertise in building We have been doing that for the longest time. We will not adopt a city, but will focus on the required building blocks for smart cities, such as smart grids for power, telecom, public transport, clean air, water and waste management and showcase them across India,” Sandberg said.
As per the media report, Sweden currently has a pending memorandum of understanding (MoU) on urban development framework with India. “The MoU is expected to be signed during President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to Stockholm on June 1, 2 wherein a large part of the trip will focus on discussions on smart cities.”
Indian government plans to develop 100 smart cities by 2022. In the Budget, Finance Ministry had allocated Rs 7,060 crore for developing these smart cities.
- Why Are Firms Struggling With Culture Of Innovation?
- How Banks Can Collectively Combat Security Threats
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- Hardware Cos Shifting To Software Revenue Model: Gemalto
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective