Swiggy Partners With Mobikwik For Secure Cashless Payment
Swiggy, India’s largest online food ordering and delivery platform, has tied up with India’s largest mobile wallet Mobikwik, to enable a seamless, secure cashless payment option for its customers to enhance their online food delivery experience. MobiKwik has over 30 million users, nationally and is expected to cater to 70 million users by the end of 2017.
Swiggy is a Bangalore based online food ordering application that has raised $60.5 million from Norwest Venture Partners, SAIF Partners and Accel Partners in 3 rounds of funding. Its inception was inspired by the thought of providing a complete food ordering and delivery solution to customers. Swiggy processes the orders on its platform via its own delivery fleet which is responsible for picking up and delivering food to its customers. Currently present in 8 cities across the country, Swiggy is operating in more than 100 neighborhoods with over 4000 delivery contractors.
In addition to existing payment options of credit or debit cards, net banking and cash on delivery (COD), Swiggy now offers its users the added convenience of paying for their orders through Mobikwik. The Mobikwik payment option is already available for Android users on the latest version of the Swiggy app and will be launched for iOS and web users in the near future.
On collaborating with Mobikwik, Nandan Reddy, Co-Founder, Swiggy said, “We are delighted to be associated with Mobikwik, a front-runner in mobile wallet applications in India. With mobile wallets becoming increasingly popular, we are giving our customers an additional option of payment through Mobikwik, which is also hassle free, secure and reliable. We hope to see this partnership adding to our customer base as well.”
Mrinal Sinha, Chief Operating Officer at MobiKwik commented, “At MobiKwik, it is our mission to ensure seamless digital payments for all and we are excited to join Swiggy in their endeavor to extend our value offerings to their customers.”
As a part of the launch campaign, Mobikwik will be running a 15 per cent cashback for all users for two orders per user.
- Cryptocurrency's Role In Financial Inclusion: Lessons From Africa
- How AI-ML Can Facilitate A Holistic Digital Transformation Of SMEs
- Digital Transformation Is Top Priority For Indian CIOs: Gartner
- How Companies Can Secure Their Digital Transformation Efforts
- IoT Is Becoming A Major Burden For CIOs: Study
- What's In Store For Banking Innovation In 2022
- Demonetization Spurs India's E-Payments Market, Show Studies
- It's Digital All The Way For Retail CIOs
- Why CEOs Want CIOs to Drive Digital Business
- Retailers Should Chant The Personalization Mantra To Stay Afloat