Sybase iAnywhere introduces IM
Sybase iAnywhere has added instant messaging (IM) and presence capabilities to its information Anywhere suite. It provides logging and routing capabilities, ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
It addresses the demand of today’s mobile workers for increased productivity and collaboration by offering the most comprehensive support for extending enterprise email systems and IM platforms across the range of mobile devices.
“Sybase iAnywhere addresses the rapidly growing enterprise IM medium enabling businesses to ensure their mobile workers have the ability to communicate in real time. Users in the field can determine whether their workers are online and are available” explained Mark Willnerd, Vice President of iAnywhere.
The features include heterogeneous solution which includes multiple messaging systems, support for leading enterprise instant messaging systems, support for public instant messaging networks via XMPP which support Google Talk and Jabber, broad device support comprehensive cross platform support for Windows mobile, Palm, RIM BlackBerry and Symbian mobile devices.
The other features are easy to use client which includes single client, presence information, contacts, notifications and advanced user functionality .Administration Capabilities includes easy installation, compliance and auditing, web interface, and data encryption.
Gartner predicts that by 2010, 90% of users with e-mail accounts will have IT controlled IM accounts. As IM traffic becomes increasingly higher in volume and value, organizations will need to adopt enterprise class IM technologies, to ensure efficient, integrated, reliable and secure use of IM technologies.
- BlackBerry Appoints Ex-Sybase Executive As COO
- Adarsh Credit Co-operative Society Goes Mobile
- BECL selects SAP Sybase ASE to achieve better efficiency
- SAP to expand enterprise mobile offerings with Syclo acquisition
- SAP unveils 4.0 releases of BI and EIM solutions
- Sybase ensures Android on Samsung mobile devices
- Quest appoints Barrie Sheers as VP and GM, APAC-J
- Mobile enterprise apps poised to take off in 2011: Sybase
- Sybase releases IQ 15.3, improves architectural flexibility
- ‘India will be a big market for remote access products’