Symantec appoints Ajay Goel as MD, India
Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) appointed Ajay Goel as managing director for Symantec in India. In his new role, Goel will be responsible for driving the company’s business strategy development and sales operations in the Indian market.
“Ajay brings extensive enterprise experience across a wide range of industry sectors which will enable us to continue to build strong customer and partner relationships in the Indian market,” remarked Eric Hoh, VP, Asia South Region, Symantec.
Goel brings over 25 years’ engineering and sales leadership experience with multinationals, including Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO), Sun Microsystems and Asea Brown Boveri. Last year Goel developed a startup venture in the new digital media space in partnership with colleagues.
Goel holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, and is an alumnus of Stanford Graduate School of Business.
“Security, storage and systems management are growing sectors as customers continue to grapple with how to secure and manage their information environments. I am very much looking forward to actively engaging with customers and partners to help them address these challenges,” commented Goel.
While Goel will lead sales and business development, engineering functions across development centres in Pune, Chennai and Bangalore will continue to be led by respective business leaders.
- Cognitive Computing Will Redefine IoT Landscape
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Helping C-Suite Innovate With ERP Cloud
- Flash Is Redefining The Way We Travel
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration