Symantec launches two virtualization solutions
Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) announced that it will offer ApplicationHA and VirtualStore, two solutions, which are meant to protect systems from downtime and optimize storage in VMware environments. The solutions, as stated by the company, will provide customers the ability to virtualize their business critical applications and minimize storage costs on the VMware platform.
ApplicationHA, based on industry-leading Veritas cluster server technology, will provide high availability for business critical applications through application level visibility and control in VMware environments. It monitors applications’ health status and detects failures in the virtual machine, restarts failed applications and coordinates with VMware HA to restart the virtual machine, if needed, as informed by the company.
Symantec states that, VirtualStore, based on Veritas Storage Foundation technology, is a software-based storage management solution for VMware virtual machines that will provide rapid provisioning of servers and virtual desktops, efficient cloning and accelerated boot up of virtual machines. It supports a wide range of applications including MS SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) and SAP. It provides consistent functionality and usability across both Windows and Linux operating systems and is fully compatible with VMware vMotion and VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Cloud Is Transforming The Role Of IT Organizations
- Digital, IoT Empowering Banking Industry
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- Helping C-Suite Innovate With ERP Cloud
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud