Symantec launches two virtualization solutions
Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) announced that it will offer ApplicationHA and VirtualStore, two solutions, which are meant to protect systems from downtime and optimize storage in VMware environments. The solutions, as stated by the company, will provide customers the ability to virtualize their business critical applications and minimize storage costs on the VMware platform.
ApplicationHA, based on industry-leading Veritas cluster server technology, will provide high availability for business critical applications through application level visibility and control in VMware environments. It monitors applications’ health status and detects failures in the virtual machine, restarts failed applications and coordinates with VMware HA to restart the virtual machine, if needed, as informed by the company.
Symantec states that, VirtualStore, based on Veritas Storage Foundation technology, is a software-based storage management solution for VMware virtual machines that will provide rapid provisioning of servers and virtual desktops, efficient cloning and accelerated boot up of virtual machines. It supports a wide range of applications including MS SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) and SAP. It provides consistent functionality and usability across both Windows and Linux operating systems and is fully compatible with VMware vMotion and VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP
- Oracle, Spectrum7 Technologies Conduct CIO Meets
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler
- Why Enterprises Should Adopt Hybrid Cloud