Symantec Unveils Enhanced Mobile Offerings
Symantec Corp. announced three new products in its mobile management and security strategy to help organisations secure and manage data on mobile devices in the enterprise.
The new offerings — Endpoint Protection Mobile Edition 6.0, Symantec Network Access Control Mobile Edition 6.0 and Symantec Mobile Management 7.0 — will help mitigate risk, manage complexity, control costs, automate processes and address compliance concerns with efficiency and cost savings.
Symantec said the mobile device solutions will provide protection and management throughout the mobile device lifecycle.
"As mobile devices become more sophisticated, provide greater corporate access and store more data, organisations require greater control and management to protect corporate information and ensure user productivity - all while reducing costs," said Vishal Dhupar, MD, Symantec India.
The solutions are built on the Symantec Management Platform, which provides unified management to desktops, laptops, servers and mobile devices. Administrators can centrally define and distribute security policies to mobile devices over-the-air. The platform also provides product integration to enable unified security and management of mobile devices from a single management console.
Symantec LiveUpdate has also been integrated into this platform, ensuring timely updates of content.
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study