Symantec Unveils Enhanced Mobile Offerings
Symantec Corp. announced three new products in its mobile management and security strategy to help organisations secure and manage data on mobile devices in the enterprise.
The new offerings — Endpoint Protection Mobile Edition 6.0, Symantec Network Access Control Mobile Edition 6.0 and Symantec Mobile Management 7.0 — will help mitigate risk, manage complexity, control costs, automate processes and address compliance concerns with efficiency and cost savings.
Symantec said the mobile device solutions will provide protection and management throughout the mobile device lifecycle.
"As mobile devices become more sophisticated, provide greater corporate access and store more data, organisations require greater control and management to protect corporate information and ensure user productivity - all while reducing costs," said Vishal Dhupar, MD, Symantec India.
The solutions are built on the Symantec Management Platform, which provides unified management to desktops, laptops, servers and mobile devices. Administrators can centrally define and distribute security policies to mobile devices over-the-air. The platform also provides product integration to enable unified security and management of mobile devices from a single management console.
Symantec LiveUpdate has also been integrated into this platform, ensuring timely updates of content.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy