Symantec's New Approach to Security with Quorum
The solutions feature new reputation-based security technologies aimed at tackling undiscovered malware. Symantec s 2010 products use application reputation in response to the problem of dealing with online criminals who use unique, new threats to evade security vendors. Application reputation is created by leveraging the millions of users in the worldwide Norton Community Watch program who choose to anonymously contribute data about the characteristics of the applications running on their systems. This data enables Symantec to calculate a reputation safety score for each application.
It also has an integrated anti-malware system SONAR 2 designed to detect unknown threats by harnessing intelligence from all Norton protection features, whether it is driven by network communications, program activity on the system, leveraging reputation data in the cloud, or other defenses.
Looking at the sheer volume of infected systems in the world, one thing is resoundingly clear: basic security protection is not good enough, said Rowan Trollope, senior vice president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. Norton pioneered the signature-based model of security and today we re introducing a new standard that reconsiders all facets of protection. Quorum lets us stop the bad guys even if we ve never seen their wanted poster.
All flagship Norton products including Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are planned to be Microsoft Windows 7 compatible as of the general availability of the new operating system. Norton users with a valid product subscription will receive the compatibility updates delivered automatically online at no additional cost.
Quorum will be introduced to the mass market for the first time with the official product launch expected in fall 2009.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study