Symantec's New Approach to Security with Quorum
The solutions feature new reputation-based security technologies aimed at tackling undiscovered malware. Symantec s 2010 products use application reputation in response to the problem of dealing with online criminals who use unique, new threats to evade security vendors. Application reputation is created by leveraging the millions of users in the worldwide Norton Community Watch program who choose to anonymously contribute data about the characteristics of the applications running on their systems. This data enables Symantec to calculate a reputation safety score for each application.
It also has an integrated anti-malware system SONAR 2 designed to detect unknown threats by harnessing intelligence from all Norton protection features, whether it is driven by network communications, program activity on the system, leveraging reputation data in the cloud, or other defenses.
Looking at the sheer volume of infected systems in the world, one thing is resoundingly clear: basic security protection is not good enough, said Rowan Trollope, senior vice president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. Norton pioneered the signature-based model of security and today we re introducing a new standard that reconsiders all facets of protection. Quorum lets us stop the bad guys even if we ve never seen their wanted poster.
All flagship Norton products including Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are planned to be Microsoft Windows 7 compatible as of the general availability of the new operating system. Norton users with a valid product subscription will receive the compatibility updates delivered automatically online at no additional cost.
Quorum will be introduced to the mass market for the first time with the official product launch expected in fall 2009.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands