T K Kurien appointed as CEO of Wipro’s IT Business
Wipro (NYSE:WIT) today announced the appointment of T K Kurien as the CEO of the Information Technology business and executive director of the company.
Commenting on the appointment of Kurien, Azim Premji, chairman Wipro said, “Over the last 10 years, Kurien has been instrumental in building and scaling many of our businesses successfully. His track record with customers, passion for excellence coupled with strategic thinking and rigor in execution makes him uniquely positioned to lead Wipro’s IT business through the next phase of growth.”
This development is resultant of Girish Paranjpe and Suresh Vaswani, the current Joint CEOs of the IT business decision to step down from their responsibilities effective February 1st, 2011, informed the company.
Acknowledging their contribution Premji mentioned that Vaswani and Paranjpe have been with Wipro for the past 20+ years. “They have made significant contribution to the company in the critical years of its expansion and played a stellar role in the success of the IT Business.”
Paranjpe acknowledged Wipro as an amazing place for learning and growth in his speech; while Vaswani thanked the company for providing opportunities to contribute in multiple roles over the last couple of decades.
Both joined in expressing their gratitude to all colleagues and customers for their support over the years and wished Wipro and Kurien all the very best for future.
Paranjpe, Vaswani and Kurien will work together through quarter ending March 31st, 2011 to ensure a smooth transition.
- Is Gender Gap In Tech Industry Getting Any Better
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation