Taking Networks to Newer Measures
Cisco announced a major leap in the networking technology with its new ASR 9000 that will enable providers to deliver speed, longevity, services rich contents across wire line, cable and mobile networs.
ASR 9000 in combination with 92-terabit carrier routing system (CRS) as its core will be able to provide comprehensive solution to meet the speed and scaling needs in zettabyte, and build an IP NGN network for the 4G mobile and video services.
According to a report by Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI), video and Web 2.0 social networking traffic combined will have an annual growth rate of 46% from 2007 to 2012, nearly doubling every two years.
The report also said that the demand on the networks will become equivalent to downloading 125 billion DVD movies per month and will result in an annual bandwidth demand on the world s IP networks of approximately 522 exabytes, or more than half a zettabyte.
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing