Taking Networks to Newer Measures
Cisco announced a major leap in the networking technology with its new ASR 9000 that will enable providers to deliver speed, longevity, services rich contents across wire line, cable and mobile networs.
ASR 9000 in combination with 92-terabit carrier routing system (CRS) as its core will be able to provide comprehensive solution to meet the speed and scaling needs in zettabyte, and build an IP NGN network for the 4G mobile and video services.
According to a report by Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI), video and Web 2.0 social networking traffic combined will have an annual growth rate of 46% from 2007 to 2012, nearly doubling every two years.
The report also said that the demand on the networks will become equivalent to downloading 125 billion DVD movies per month and will result in an annual bandwidth demand on the world s IP networks of approximately 522 exabytes, or more than half a zettabyte.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate