Taking Networks to Newer Measures
Cisco announced a major leap in the networking technology with its new ASR 9000 that will enable providers to deliver speed, longevity, services rich contents across wire line, cable and mobile networs.
ASR 9000 in combination with 92-terabit carrier routing system (CRS) as its core will be able to provide comprehensive solution to meet the speed and scaling needs in zettabyte, and build an IP NGN network for the 4G mobile and video services.
According to a report by Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI), video and Web 2.0 social networking traffic combined will have an annual growth rate of 46% from 2007 to 2012, nearly doubling every two years.
The report also said that the demand on the networks will become equivalent to downloading 125 billion DVD movies per month and will result in an annual bandwidth demand on the world s IP networks of approximately 522 exabytes, or more than half a zettabyte.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Machine Learning Can Generate Faster, Precise Prescriptions
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner