Taking Networks to Newer Measures
Cisco announced a major leap in the networking technology with its new ASR 9000 that will enable providers to deliver speed, longevity, services rich contents across wire line, cable and mobile networs.
ASR 9000 in combination with 92-terabit carrier routing system (CRS) as its core will be able to provide comprehensive solution to meet the speed and scaling needs in zettabyte, and build an IP NGN network for the 4G mobile and video services.
According to a report by Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI), video and Web 2.0 social networking traffic combined will have an annual growth rate of 46% from 2007 to 2012, nearly doubling every two years.
The report also said that the demand on the networks will become equivalent to downloading 125 billion DVD movies per month and will result in an annual bandwidth demand on the world s IP networks of approximately 522 exabytes, or more than half a zettabyte.
- Top IT Security Predictions of 2018
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
- AI To Play A Decisive Role In Cyber Security
- Indian Railways On Track To Bigger Tech Innovation
- Blockchain Technology Goes Beyond Cryptocurrency
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- Top Tech Jobs In Demand This Year
- Marketing Trends That Will Fizzle Out In 2018
- Indian Organizations To Invest Heavily In Security In 2018
- What Lies Ahead For Cloud Computing In 2018?