Tally to focus on large enterprises and government
After gaining a 90 percent share in the small and medium enterprise (SME) ERP market, Tally Solutions, now plans to target large enterprises and the government sector to boost its future sales in the country.
The ERP major plans to take on SAP, Ramco and Oracle with the launch its Diamond and Platinum editions of its Tally ERP software over next few months. Unlike the Gold edition, these two editions are designed for large enterprises. Additionally they
will be based on the classical client server model and can handle 100 and 1000 plus
Shoaib Ahmed, president of Tally Solutions said, "As we have dominance among the SME sector and looking at the business opportunities of the future, we are focusing on the large enterprises and the government sectors."
The company recently bagged contracts from Tata Docomo and National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) under the Ministry of Rural Development in Tamilnadu.
Tally’s prime focus has been on its ERP offering. Tally ERP 9 was relaunched with added features to suit the needs of the manufacturing sector. While education continues to be the company’s major thrust area, it also wants to focus on the government and large enterprises.
"Since we are a 100 percent indirect company so we retail only through our channel partners," said Avinash Gupta, president of Tally Solutions. The company has added 2000 partners over the last 4.5 months taking the count to 13,000 in India.
Gupta added "I am sure large enterprises like Maruti and Tata Motors are already using Tally accounting solutions but want them to migrate to our enterprise versions. We are very confident about bagging a huge chunk of market share even
among the large enterprises and government customers."
The company is banking on repeating the success it had with Tally ERP Gold in the SME segment. As we have our legacy solutions, we understanding what an Indian enterprise needs and so shall integrate CRM, SCM into our future Tally ERP software editions, said Gupta.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations