Tally to Tie-up with Hardware Partners for ERP 9.0
Tally is working on tying up with resellers, channel partners, and OEMs to offer Tally ERP 9.0 preloaded PC for business customers.
Explaining the rationale behind this, Shoaib Ahmed, central leadership team member for Tally Solutions said, "Most of our customers want a buying experience similar to a mobile phone, where you got most of the essential software pre-installed. This does away with hunting for software and the fears of getting non-genuine software."
"Tally will offer ERP 9.0 in a rental or licensing model to the channel as this will allow them to sell Tally without any incremental costs," said Ahmed. Channel partners will be given the freedom to come out with their own promotional offers.
Till now Tally has spoken with around 500 partners, with most of them being from its regular roster of channel partners, though enquires have also come in from some pureplay hardware resellers, informed the company.
Tally ERP 9.0 currently has around 1 lakh customers, most of them being from the SMB and home office segment. With this new marketing strategy, Tally aims to raise the number even higher. "In the major metros, like Mumbai, Kolkatta, Delhi, etc. small businesses buy nearly 50,000 PCs on an average. Each of these is a target for us," said Ahmed.
But, by far the most significant plan made by Tally is to tie-up directly with PC OEM’s for Tally ERP 9.0. Details are still being sketched out, though the plan is said to be in an ‘advanced state’. Keep watching this space for further developments.
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- Skills Gap, The Key Problem In Enterprise IoT