Tandem sets up office in Bangalore
Tandem, a global mobile industry accelerator today announced its plans to open its offices in Bangalore. The initiative is aimed at helping Indian entrepreneurs build mobile companies across borders that will benefit the ecosystem at Silicon Valley, U.S.
The accelerator is already responsible for creating two start-ups that collectively generated over $100 Million in revenues in their second year of operations, including Bash Gaming that started in Bangalore.
Tandem is now officially setting up base in India, with the help of Rohit Bhagat who joined Tandem in 2012 as a partner to drive the scale and globalise the footprint of the firm and its portfolio companies. He will be assisted by entrepreneurs Ranjan Pai and Mohandas Pai.
“There are thousands of promising entrepreneurs in India that need guidance and support,” said Ranjan Pai, head of Manipal Education & Medical Group. “We are thrilled to bring the incredible success Tandem has had building disruptive companies in the US to India.”
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson