Tata AutoComp, Sasken Announce Joint Venture
Tata AutoComp Systems Ltd. and Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd. (Sasken) have partnered to form TACO Sasken Automotive Electronics Private Limited.
The joint venture will focus on automotive electronics products in areas like telematics, infotainment and occupant convenience. The company will start operations from a product development centre at Bangalore, India.
Speaking on the occasion, D.S. Gupta, MD, TACO, says, “Electronics content is a high growth area in the global automotive industry. With TACO’s focus on the global automotive industry, development capabilities within the Tata Group, and Sasken’s expertise in electronics and communications, this venture has the potential to become an innovative, global solution provider for automotive electronics.”
Rajiv Mody, chairman & CEO, Sasken, adds, “For a long time, innovation in technology was driven by the PC. But over the past few years a vast majority of innovation focus has moved to phones and lately to automobiles, creating huge opportunity in the embedded auto component world. We aim to provide cutting edge embedded technology to the automotive sector.”
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce