Tata AutoComp, Sasken Announce Joint Venture
Tata AutoComp Systems Ltd. and Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd. (Sasken) have partnered to form TACO Sasken Automotive Electronics Private Limited.
The joint venture will focus on automotive electronics products in areas like telematics, infotainment and occupant convenience. The company will start operations from a product development centre at Bangalore, India.
Speaking on the occasion, D.S. Gupta, MD, TACO, says, “Electronics content is a high growth area in the global automotive industry. With TACO’s focus on the global automotive industry, development capabilities within the Tata Group, and Sasken’s expertise in electronics and communications, this venture has the potential to become an innovative, global solution provider for automotive electronics.”
Rajiv Mody, chairman & CEO, Sasken, adds, “For a long time, innovation in technology was driven by the PC. But over the past few years a vast majority of innovation focus has moved to phones and lately to automobiles, creating huge opportunity in the embedded auto component world. We aim to provide cutting edge embedded technology to the automotive sector.”
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming