Tata AutoComp, Sasken Announce Joint Venture
Tata AutoComp Systems Ltd. and Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd. (Sasken) have partnered to form TACO Sasken Automotive Electronics Private Limited.
The joint venture will focus on automotive electronics products in areas like telematics, infotainment and occupant convenience. The company will start operations from a product development centre at Bangalore, India.
Speaking on the occasion, D.S. Gupta, MD, TACO, says, “Electronics content is a high growth area in the global automotive industry. With TACO’s focus on the global automotive industry, development capabilities within the Tata Group, and Sasken’s expertise in electronics and communications, this venture has the potential to become an innovative, global solution provider for automotive electronics.”
Rajiv Mody, chairman & CEO, Sasken, adds, “For a long time, innovation in technology was driven by the PC. But over the past few years a vast majority of innovation focus has moved to phones and lately to automobiles, creating huge opportunity in the embedded auto component world. We aim to provide cutting edge embedded technology to the automotive sector.”
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Bata Strengthens Omnichannel CRM Strategy
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience