Tata Comm, F-Secure in Security Soln Alliance
Tata Communications has partnered with F-Secure to introduce mobile security solutions for mobile subscribers in . Tata Communications will provide smart phone users with F-Secure s mobile security package, which includes virus protection, malware protection and an integrated firewall.
The application can be downloaded via GPRS-activated smart phones and is compatible with all mobile OS (Windows Mobile, Symbian, and UIQ).
Venu Palakirti, director (sales) for F-Secure, India and SAARC, said, "Most mobile phone users are aware that malware can infect a mobile device via Bluetooth, SMS, MMS, or through the Internet, but fail to have security software installed."
Mobile security protects the mobile from spyware and espionage software that may monitor and record all the actions on a mobile phone, including voice calls, SMS, multimedia and e-mail messages. It safeguards phones from unwanted billing (caused by viruses that are trying to propagate/infiltrate) and additionally protects the handheld device from becoming unusable due to malware.
Tata Com is already partnering with F-Secure to provide solutions for both PC & server security. Tata Com has introduced a special limited period introductory offer under which subscribers can get 30% off on the mobile security suite and a 30-day free trial.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)