Tata Comm opens telepresence room in Singapore
Tata Communications and Singapore-based Rendezvous Hospitality Group (RHG) have jointly opened Singapore’s first public telepresence room. This is the latest addition to Tata Communications’, and their community of partners’, existing network of 13 public telepresence rooms worldwide that includes Asia Pacific countries Australia, Philippines and India. An additional 25 new public telepresence rooms are planned for 2010. Scheduled locations include Hong Kong and Malaysia.
David Wirt, Global Head of Managed Services, Tata Communications, says "In mid-2008, Tata Communications was the first company to offer telepresence public rooms that could be hired on an hourly basis. This revolutionary conferencing technology is transforming the way business is done and it is our goal to provide extensive access to this brilliant global collaboration service to enterprises around the world. Today, Tata Communications and RHG have reached a milestone by opening our first joint facility that will provide even more users with access to telepresence."
Based on Cisco Systems’ videoconferencing technology, thevisual and audio transmission quality ensures that participants’ full range of facial and vocal emotions and body language are conveyed, making them feel as if they are all in the same room.
To give customers easy access to the public room network, Tata Communications has partnered with Travel Management Companies, American Express Travel and Carlson Wagonlit Travel. This partnership will assist organizations to leverage the Telepresence public rooms while managing their business travel and meeting requirements.
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- Online-Offline Channel Mix Leads To India's Smartphone Growth: IDC
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- AI, Chatbots Are Completely Changing Insurance Industry
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level
- Oracle Gets Ready To Soar To The Cloud
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- A Big Online Boost To India’s Small Businesses
- Boom Time For India's Video Surveillance Storage Market