Tata communications acquires BitGravity
Tata Communications, a communications provider, today announced the completion of acquisition of BitGravity, a content delivery network (CDN). BitGravity is expected to be integrated as a Tata Communications operating business subsidiary. Perry Wu, CEO and co-founder of BitGravity will continue to lead the existing team. They will operate from San Francisco in conjunction with Tata Communications’ global CDN team.
“With this acquisition, we are able to combine our global infrastructure with BitGravity’s CDN technology and infrastructure to create a larger global footprint and a more efficient cost base. This will provide enhanced content delivery services that further address the needs of media and enterprise businesses,” remarked Genius Wong, Sr VP, global network services, Tata Communications, informed the company.
The acquisition will add enhanced CDN and streaming capabilities to Tata’s growing line-up of value-added hosting, storage, and security services, leveraging Tata Communications’ global IP network. The addition of BitGravity’s product portfolio and its employee skill set will further accelerate the delivery of new features and services to Tata Communications’ customers.
“There are a number of strong synergies between Tata Communications and BitGravity. As a single entity, we can utilize the best network path within Tata Communications’ Global IP network, allowing the organization to further differentiate itself in a noisy, global marketplace,” commented Wu.
Tata Communications stated that it will execute the integration of the two companies’ products, customers and employees with immediate effect to ensure a smooth transition that will deliver instantaneous value for customers, partners and investors.
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’