Tata Communications Joins WiMAX Forum Board
Tata Communications has joined the board of directors of the WiMAX Forum. Prateek Pashine, COO of Tata Communications retail broadband unit, will serve as the official representative in the board
Electing Tata to the board demonstrates the WiMAX Forum s commitment to the Indian market and signifies the company s importance to the WiMAX ecosystem worldwide, said Ron Resnick, president and chairman of the WiMAX Forum. As one of the leading global Internet and voice operators, Tata Communications has demonstrated its confidence that WiMAX is the leading 4G technology, and they have articulated their plans to bring broadband services to consumers in India through WiMAX.
Prateek Pashine, COO of the retail broadband unit of Tata Communications has been with the Tata Group since 1995. Pashine was responsible for setting up Tata Communications Lanka (formerly VSNL Lanka) operations and served as director on its Board for two years.
He has worked on various committees set up by the Government of India to explore options on broadband initiatives with other countries.
Currently broadband penetration in India is just 6.22 million out of the more than one billion population.
Tata Communications is an active member of the WiMAX Forum India Chapter (WFIC) and holds leadership positions in three of the chapter s four working groups. Tata Communications is also campaigning to open a certification lab in India and hopes to establish a live network test bed using its network in the near future.
The WiMAX Forum is the worldwide consortium focused on global adoption of WiMAX and chartered to establish certification processes that achieve interoperability, publish technical specifications based on recognized standards, promote the technology and pursue a favorable regulatory environment.
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India