Tata Communications Launches CDN service
Tata Communications and BitGravity, Inc., a next-generation content delivery network (CDN) for interactive broadcasting, have announced the worldwide launch of Tata Communications’ CDN service powered by BitGravity.
The new service has 300+ points of presence worldwide and a state of the art, single ASN global IP network throughout Europe, Asia, North America, and India.
Tata Communications, which announced a strategic partnership with BitGravity in March 2008, has also invested $11.5 million in convertible debt in BitGravity. Also, Tata Communications CTO - John Hayduk, has been named to BitGravity’s Board of Directors.
“Global reach will be table stakes for content delivery and we are excited to receive funding and support from a strong strategic investor like Tata Communications that will enable us to effectively integrate our CDN architecture with their worldwide backbone and provide an unmatched user experience. Tata Communications’ extensive relationships within and outside of the communications industry will accelerate the deployment and penetration of our innovative platform,” said Perry Wu, CEO and co-founder of BitGravity.
“Two essential ingredients of a superior CDN service include a strong IP network providing higher performance, and an efficient, scalable file distribution technology,” said Genius Wong, Tata Communications’ SVP of Global IP and VPN Services. “The design of Tata Communications’ CDN service has taken into account these key factors to come up with a high performance and reliable IPv4 and IPv6 CDN service.”
Tata Communications Unveils New Ethernet Services
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity